This traditional winery is located in the municipality of the Senftenberg Krems growing region in Lower Austria Kremstal. The Proidl name has been in Senftenberg since 1650. The operation is now run by its ninth generation of the family, Francis and Andrea Proidl. The vineyard area totals 20 hectares of vines in the Ehrenfels, Hochaker, Pellingen, Pfenningberg and Rameln vineyards, most of them located on steep terraced hillsides. About 90% of the production is white varieties including Grüner Veltliner, Riesling, Muscat and Chardonnay, with the other 10% being the red varieties Zweigelt, St. Laurent, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. During fermentation, they avoid as much lees contact as possible. The Spontaneous fermentation with natural yeast fermentation takes place at a much slower rate and can take as long as ten months to complete. The winery is a member of the vintners association Kremstaler Convent.

www.proidl.com


Products: