Liberale Trevisiol, founder of the estate, began making wine before the First World War at Selva del Montello in the province of Treviso. After the war ended, the company developed to become a leading négociant-éleveur of the Treviso province. In 1939, Trevisiol winery moved to Valdobbiadene to harness the winemaking and marketing potential of the nascent Prosecco. The spumante business was continued by Liberale’s children Mario, Maria, and Edoardo. Their increasing focus on quality control prompted them to purchase an estate in a D.O.C.G. area of Collalto. In the mid eighties, Edoardo’s sons, Luigi and Paolo, continued to expand and modernize the family estate. Paolo’s sons, now the 4th generation of the Trevisiol winery, are carrying on the tradition their great grandfather began of making quality driven, value spumanti representative of their region.