Château de Malleret was founded in 1597 by Pierre de Malleret in one of the finest left bank appellations, the Haut-Medoc. The property was then purchased by a well-known trader, Phillipe Frederic Clossman, whose descendants still tend the vineyards today. This historic estate symbolizes all the elegance and distinction of the greatest Bordeaux vineyards and is recognized for producing premium Bordeaux blends.
The grapes come from 50 hectares of vines in Haut-Médoc, which are 25 to 30 years old. The soil is mostly sand mixed with gravel. Viticultural practices are tailored to each parcel individually and include the use of sustainable pest control.